The holidays are here, and it’s time to choose gifts for your loved ones. But what do you choose for all these people with all their picky, fancy, practical, or eccentric quirks and still stick to a budget? Here are a few ideas for gifts under $50 for you to browse; have fun!
Please note that with all the supply chain problems this year, it’s essential that you check availability and delivery times.
(All information was accurate as of Dec. 9, 2021.)
- Classic Ink. The 24 tones in this richly set are higher-grade watercolor. The manufacturer, Kuretake, was founded in Japan in 1902.
- Versatile Notebook. The medium-weight paper of this small & light Stillman & Birn Sketchbook can take all kinds of ink, from inky fountain pens to drippy watercolor.
- Virtual Game Night. Jackbox Games are great for those who love games and aren’t put off by a little messing about with tech.
- Colorful Jigsaw. Sort the pieces by color and enjoy seeing the image take shape with Areaware’s Gradient puzzles.
- Tiny Tools. Small children and adults alike will love this little kitchen set. The mini whisk is excellent for mixing salad dressing, and the small-scale spatula serves as a great peanut butter spreader.
- Classic Pajamas. These cotton pajamas from Hanna Andersson are soft and durable, able to withstand years of wear. Available in an extensive range of colors and patterns.
- Putting It Together. In this fantastic book, James Lapine documents the rigor and magic he and Stephen Sondheim put into “Sunday in the Park with George.”
- Bath Bombs. These Lush bath bombs give a satisfying fizz when they hit the water, filling the bath with swirling colors, a delightful fragrance, and soothing botanical oils.
- Smartish Gripmunk iPhone Case. Upgrade someone’s cracked phone with this durable, sleek case, a great bargain at just $15
- Plywood Trays. From Japanese manufacturer Saito Wood, these trays come in five different veneers and are ideal for serving drinks and snacks.
- Planet is a 12-sided, three-dimensional strategy game from Universal, designed to get kids thinking about their environment. It is super replayable and fabulous to look at.
- TravelCard Charger. This travel phone charger is a superb little gadget that will get most phones back up to about one-third of full charge and will fit in your wallet.
- Charley Harper Monteverde Jigsaw Puzzles. Each one of these 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles features a piece of unique art and is surprisingly easy to complete.
- Codenames Board Game. This is a fun and interactive game with a spy theme, suitable for small or large groups.
- Les Mains Hermès Nail Enamel. This fabulous nail enamel is available in thirteen rich, sophisticated tones.
- Ruta Sepetys Collection. This superb omnibus gathers all of Sepetys’ young adult historical novels into one collection, featuring topics from Spain under France to World War II.
These are all excellent value gift ideas, and you should be able to find at least one to please the most hard-to-buy-for loved one you have! So enjoy your shopping and Happy Holidays!